3/15/2006

Weird Week!

Whew, someone please get me off this rollercoaster! Ok, so here is my last week. You saw my post last week about the USCIS. My case worker is switching positions, can't tell me who is taking over but don't worry, just another 4-6 months til we process your application. Yeah, that was fun. Ok, now if you don't beleive in God, stop reading here.

I was reading on the bible on Sunday in prepration for a bible study class on Monday. I read in Genesis about how Joseph could analyze people's dreams. I never give much thought to my own dreams, if I can remember them at all. I usually delete them from my brain's harddrive before I hit the second snooze alarm. But Sunday night I had this strange and very very vivid dream. I couldn't shake it when I woke up. Now, before I tell you about the dream, you must know I was praying very very hard for God to give me both patience and to hurry up and the INS moving on our paperwork.

Now to my dream: I dreamed that there was a nasty storm in the middle of the night and for some reason I had to cross this covered wooden bridge. The floor of the bridge was missing most of the floor planks and it was about 20 feet over this long expanse of ocean. There were two people helping me cross that bridge. The person in front of me I did not recognize, only that he had longish blond hair-but he was a surfer type. The person in back of me was my dad, who in real life passed away 5 years ago. They helped me reach the other side. I am not sure what was on the other side, I wke up shortly after that.

Can anyone else read into that? I saw the bridge as this crazy road to adoption. The person in front of me was probably God, or rather, no doubt God. My dad represented my dad as well as my family and friends who are backing me up. The water, I thought was the difficult waters of adoption, but speaking to my mom(who is one of the only people I shared this with)-she said it was probably the Pacific Ocean and the other side, safe and sound is your daughter in China.

Ok, so for those of you who think I am nuts, that's ok. Guess what happened about an hour ago? The head of the adoption department at INS(USCIS) called to tell me she is wrapping up our file tonight. I believe. God is good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yippie!

Anonymous said...

I'm going to stop reading this blog if you keep up the God talk. :)

Kristen and David said...

Ok, Ronnie, I know that last one was you : ) -Kristen
PS. You'll keep reading to distract you from working!