I just had a thought today. Ok, I had a few more than that in the 10 hours I have been out of bed, but I will share this one. I feel today like I am someone's pawn (or little plastic car thingy) in the game of Life. Like there is literally someone up there playing the board game and chose me as their pawn. They did pretty well the first half of the game, they chose the college path, met the spouse, got the house but keep skipping over every square that allows whoever is using me as a pawn to collect the little pink and baby blue pegs. Everyone else's little plastic cars are filled with pegs. Or rather their VW Touregs, or other momma SUV's have lots of cute little pegs in them all dressed up in their itty bitty Babypeg Gap clothes. Once my pawn was halfway through the game, alot of "go back one space and skip a turn cards" have been drawn. Just like yesterday, I thought when my agency called me, someone rolled a 6, but nope, got that go back 2 spaces card again. Darn.
Oh well, hopefully next week we can roll another 6, or at least a 4. And hopefully this game will end with at least one peg behind the front row. Pink, please.
4/07/2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Not everyone's cars are filling up with pegs. My car still has just me in it (well, my dog too) and I'm very happy about it! I don't want to trade in my cute little girly convertible for some gas-guzzler. :)
-- I know you know who wrote this one
Post a Comment