5/15/2006

Celebrating Un-mother's day with red, red w(h)ine

Happy belated Mother's day to all of you moms and mom's to be. David and I decided to celebrate "un-mother's day" this year since we won't actually have her home with us until at least after next mother's day, even possibly after Mother's day 2008. I feel like a mom deep down inside, but my head feels like it's in mommy-limbo. If I was pregant rather than paper pregnant, it would feel much more real, and my timeframe would be much more definate. It was funny, I felt a weird vibe from people at our church yesterday, they weren't sure whether to mention "Happy Mother's Day" or not. Most of the time people ask if there is any updates, or just how is the process going. But not yesterday. Well, one girl did, but that's it. And no one in my family called yesterday to say anything. I mean, expecting is expecting, isn't it? David's brother did, which was really sweet. I figure my family knew I'd be captain cranky pants for the day. But you know what? Surprinsingly, I wasn't. Just a slight headache from the evening before.

Most people in our boat, at least from the many blogs I am addicted to, felt the same way yesterday. I wanted to keep busy, keep moving, and not think about the fact that it could be two more years with just the two of us, I really hope it's just one more year, but two-I will burst. It's way too damn quiet in this house. So, we decided to just thorougly behave like college students again-party like it's 1999 all weekend-and why not? On Sunday we paid the price for it, well, I did at least. We had big plans again that day, but with my constant state of nuesea, those plans never came to fruition. I do have a great hubby, he cooked me a big "un-mother's day" breakfast and even went with me to the fabric store once I got off the couch and picked out fabric for his own square on the quilt. I wonder what we will do for "un-father's day"?

No comments: