5/16/2006
Heartbroken tonight
A few months ago my friend Wendy introduced me to her friend Gretchen who was adopting in China. I talked with Gretchen fairly frequently since the fall and followed their journey closely. They brought their baby home at the beginning of the year. A few weeks ago I asked Gretchen if she could send me a quilt square. She said she couldn't because she wasn't coping well as a mother. I told her she could always call me if she needed to vent and didn't think too much more about it. I just went on their blog(to the right of the page-closer to Charlotte) and they made the heart-wrentching decision to let another family take her. I have heard our support group(Families with Chinese Children) talk about post adoption depression, but it really hit home. I am just heart-broken for them, and pray they made the right decision for this precious little girl.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment