7/09/2006
Didya catch Dateline?
I just got finished watching Dateline and since it's an hour till the best show ever-Grey's Anatomy-I thought I'd share some thoughts on tonight's Dateline story. It was about a bunch of couples who were infertile and were desperate to have a baby. They all used the internet to do research on adopting and all of the couples found a mother wanting to give up her baby. The unfortunate part of the story is that the pregnant mother duped each of those couples. She told each and every one of them that she chose for them to be the parents. She scammed the poor couples for "rent money", "grocery" money and gift cards. Dateline followed her and her girlfriend after they got the money and watched them dine in fine restaurants and splurge on baby items for a baby they clearly intended on keeping. They did the whole hidden camera thing with one of the hopeful couples and the pregnant mother talked for hours with her about giving up the baby. Man, was she ever convincing. So, now these couples have an empty nursery(one of the couples actually was referred and given another baby a month after the interview). It was so sad, I was bawling(doesn't take much these days). It could have easily been David and I had we decided to go the domestic route. I know for every case like that, there are 100 families who do end up with a baby, but still. The most disgusting part of this story is that police have nothing to charge her for and she doesn't have to pay back any of the money, that is the law. I think somehow they could charge her with fraud but I guess not. For all of the crap D and I have been through, it's nothing compared to these poor families. I just can't beleive someone can be so evil and cruel and hope somehow justice wins.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment