Just got back from our Thanksgiving week in Atlanta. It was nice to get away to see my brother and sis-in-law, but wish we had a few more days with them. It took us 13 hours to get up there because we worked on the way-we had to find hotels and restuarants with wireless services but we got the job done. Ok, so a little run down on our trip:
On Wednesday while David went to a library to work, Devanie( my sis-in-law) and I went shopping for Thanksgiving dinner at the DeKalb International Food market. If you ever in Atlanta, you must go there. It's an indoor market the size of 3 Costcos. The veggie and fruit section is the size of a Publix and had produce from all over the world, most of which I had never heard of before. There are two full aisles full of marinades and dressings, two ailes just with teas and a huge ginormous wine section. I could spend the day there just browsing, and we nearly did because of the amount of shoppers there. After our shopping exursion, we picked up David and went to see her new pottery/glass-making studio. We then went to the Atlanta Cycloroma and learned all about the Civil War. I am usually bored to pieces by that type of thing, but I enjoyed it very much. We then walked around the adjoining park and admired the fall leaves. That night we stayed home and made some preperations for the next day. We also got into a few bottles of wine, and danced around the living room all night. My brother put on a Led Zepplin DVD and I told him to turn off the Whitesnake. That was the laugh of the trip....but I guess you had to be there. Poor Devanie who rarely drinks was in no shape to cook the next day. Good thing she made the pumkin pie at 2 am, even though she doesn't remember. It was actually quite good!
On Thursday(Turkey Day), we made the rest of dinner, watched the parade and the dog show(a stupid poodle won, again...but a Wheaten came in 2nd place in the terrier group so I was thrilled) then ate our big fat meal, wacthed football, drank some more wine and hit the hay early(must have been the wine/turkey tryptophan combo.
On Friday my brother had to work, so David, Dev and I went to Stone Mountain Park and climbed to the top to work off the 10,000 calories consumed the prior two days. It's just 1.4 miles to the top, but some of it is steep and slippery and my buns felt like buns of stell after(sadly, they don't look like it). We parked over 2 miles from the actual mountain (it's really a giant hill made of granite), so it really was a good workout. That night we went out for Italian (because we needed to replenish the 10,000 calories we burned) and then to a funky bar/restuarant to meet some old pals I hadn't seen since high school for some drinks. We had been in touch for months now looking forward to meeting up. They even called a few hours before and said they had a sitter, but alas....I got stood up. Oh well, I just got to catch up more with my family.
That's it folks! Trying to get my brother and SIL to get their buns down here, Dev has never been to Key West and it's about time. I think we could tear up that town! It's sad that we go almost 2 years without seeing each other, but maybe once Amelie comes they will miss her and we'll see them more often.
11/26/2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment