11/12/2006

Lucky

Although I really would love to see a few leaves change color or some snow on the ground, I am so happy to live in the Sunshine state. Friday we met some friends who were in town from Michigan. They went scuba diving that morning and caught twentysome lobsters and a giant grouper. We reaped their rewards and stuffed our bellies with the delicious crustaceans and fish fillets that evening. Tonight some friends from college invited us over to join them in enjoying a fresh caught dolphin they caught off of a drift boat earlier in the day (is that a run-off sentence, sorry Professor Rose). One day D and I are going to live in the Keys (where I grew up) and live like the song "Tin Cup Chalice" by Jimmy Buffett. My favorite line is "Give my oysters and beer, for dinner everyday of the year, and I'll feel fine".

On another note, just want to say congrats to Cyndi and Jon & Fernando and Neal on their beautiful new two week old babies! Lily and Sebastian are so stinkin' cute! Remember a few months ago when I whined, I mean wrote about how everyone I knew was pregnant. Well, now everyone I know has a newborn. Well, almost everyone. My sis in law is having the twins anyday now, and then seriously, everyone I know will have a newborn, or newborns. But that's ok, I don't have to get up every 3 hours right now, so it's a very very very small consolation for me. I do love my sleep-and my seafood. Good night-going to go dream of Amelie. And swordfish in a lemon buerre blanc sauce.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Every two hours would be nice. Enjoy your drink, seafood and sleep.