11/07/2006

Material girl

I have to say, alot of people are giving Madonna critism on what appeared to be a spur of the moment decision to adopt from Africa. This is fact, not actually the case. According to Madonna, she actually was in the process of adopting for years and said it was the hardest thing she has ever been through (Amen, sista). She just did not publicize her desire to adopt, and really, who blames her? I love her response to a stupid question regarding the adoption in Time magazine:

"And by the way, say I did cut the queue? Say I did cheat and not have to wait two years to adopt a child? Well good for me! Do you know how many children are going to die in the next two years? It's a stupid law. Change the law."

I totally agree. I mean, I know they have to do background checks, doctors visits, ect on all of us waiting parents, but waiting more than a year for an orphan from any country is just wrong, especially for the children. See my previous post, which made me tear up while I was writing it. I haven't been a fan of her music since I myself was wearing leg warmers watching Family Ties and the Facts of Life, but you have to give this lady some respect.

No comments: