12/21/2006

Oz


Lately I have been having dreams that the CCAA is actually The Great Wizard of Oz! This news doesn't help "Agencies have been telling their clients that CCAA would no longer take calls regarding when referrals were coming or give out new measurements of infants who had been referred". It also said that CCAA would “report” agencies who did not comply with this request to stop calling them and asking them questions like this." This just came from another wiating parent, but still, it's probably true.

I picture myself as Dorothy, Toto is being played by Higgins our cat with Casey our other cat as the understudy, and David as the Tinman or the Lion or the Scarecrow-you pick. We are standing in front of the giant Oz asking him nervously where our daughter is and when will I see her. Then the curtain gets pulled back on some 95 pound Chinese woman who is screaming "Pay no attention to the person behind the curtain, I am the great leader of the CCAA!" The wicked witch in this is, of course, the USCIS. Anyone who is going through this will appreciate that. The good witch is our FCC group, and the yellow brick road is the slow boat to China. I think SNL could do a skit on this, don't you think?

1 comment:

Ana said...

O.k., no more funny ciggies for you, Kristen. ;-)