7/27/2007

She ate what?

I don't want to bore you to tears, my dear readers, with all my dull stories of my animals' antics. However, I have no child antics to bore you with so here goes. Let's play "Guess what Annie ate this week?" Last week it was dental floss and a half pan of brownies. This week my dear neighbor was watching her while we were at Mai Kai. She put a ceramic water bowl in her crate, no biggie, right? WRONG. Friggin dog ate a 2 inch chunk out of it, and I am not being generous or exaggerating with the size. That night I did not sleep, sure she was going to start vomiting blood at 3 a.m.. Nope, she pooped it right out the next day. I swear I could see her sweating when she did her duty. That could not have felt good. My mom had a good idea "why don't you just put a muzzle on her"? Nothing, and I mean nothing is safe! Someone at the dog park told me goldendoodles don't grow up until they are 3, so fantastic, I have two more years and two month of this? She'll just start behaving when we go to China I guess!

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

I have a little doggie who used to eat anything and everything in sight. I finally trained him not to after THREE YEARS, but the little rat was under my sons bed last week and eating the threads hanging down from under the boxspring and must have been eating it for awhile. He pooped it, choked on it and puked thread for a couple of hours, just short of an emergency vet visit. Little bugger, thank god he is so small because I can't imagine that mess with a real size dog (my shrimp is a yorkie that weighs a wopping 6 pounds)
I hope your doggie grows out of that phase fast!!!!
Kathryn (I have a picture of my dog on my blog)

GGHadden said...

Thanks for the comments...I was just reading your blog today about your doggie and his daily treats...funny (well not unless you are a dog lover)Check out my doggie blog and see our 2 great danes in action (thank goodness they only rip out squeakys from their toys)
http://gghadden.blogspot.com/