10/18/2007

And we wait.....

Sorry I haven't been around, painting the living room and installing crown molding has been an overwhelming task.

As we approach the 18 month mark next week...it seems the closer we get, the more I feel that our lives are on hold. We have to be past the halfway mark. Period.

Referrals are finally through November 2005. It took the CCAA SIX months to get through Nov 05 LID's. Holy crap. From what I understand it will take them a full year to get through April 07 LID's because it was such a huge influx of dossiers (people submitting before the May 07 rule changes). Not to be selfish, but THANK GOD we have an April 06 LID and not an April 07! There are only four and a half months worth of files in China until they get to ours. As you know, the only problem is this doesn't mean we'll have our referral in four and half months. Oh no, not even close. It could actually be anywhere from 12 months to eek-24 more months or beyond, depending on how fast or slow the CCAA decides to go. If they keep referring out 5 days at a time, we have another 28 months to wait (Feb 2010), if they refer out 7 days at a time we have 20 months to wait (July 2009), and if they speed things up to 10 days at a time (very doubtful as they haven't accomplished 10 days in the last year and don't plan to probably), we will have 14 more months to wait and will have our referral by Christmas of next year.

Not knowing how much longer we have to wait to finally be parents is really getting to me lately. I feel like I can't plan anything beyond a couple of months from now. We want to go on one last ski trip, does that mean we have to go this season? When can I start decorating her room, when can I start looking for a pediatrician? When should I get my shots? Everything is in limbo and so so so frustrating!

Oh, and now there is word that the great CCAA says no-no to con-current adoptions. As in if you submit your paperwork somewhere else, then NO (Chinese) BABY FOR YOU! So going anywhere else is not an option.

If we only knew WHEN, life would be SO much easier...I know, I know, all in God's time and there is a reason for everything! Please people, I know those things are true but let's put a moratorium on those statements for a bit, until I get some zen back into my head. I'd rather hear "Well, that just sucks, let me buy you a drink". Oy vey!

3 comments:

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Hang in there sister... as for that Ski trip... go book it like you have all the time in the world... after all, you only live once... Once I see Feb referrals coming out then I will start doing the room... don't let it get you down... Fliss

Anonymous said...

4 1/2 months! It's getting closer!

Kathryn said...

Your right, this wait SUCKS!!!!! If you lived closer to me I would invite you out so we could have a few drinks and vent about this "when it's meant to be" and blah blah blah. (My zen is gone to right now) I started a new job and I didn't even tell anyone I was adopting so I don't have to keep answering any questions. Take care I have to go and find my glass of wine!
Kathryn