7/29/2010

Nanchang day 3

It has been a crazy few days here, our three tour guides explained that this isn't a town known for tourism and have been trying very hard to keep us busy so we don't get cabin fever too bad. Yesterday morning David was up before Amelie and I (kinda like me now, 4 am and can't sleep). My alarm on my phone woke us up, I have it set to "I just haven't met you ye"t by Michael Buble. She woke up and saw me there, ran her little hands on my face and and gave me a huge cheeky grin. I just started bawling thinking, wow, this is the happiest (and most tired) I have ever been. She is getting much more comfortable with us. I don't have to hold her all the time to calm her down. Yesterday she actually played on the bed for a few while David went to the local electronics store with some other dads and I was in the bathroom doing laudry. Bedtime is better too. I now just sit her next to me on the bed and rub her back and she will fall asleep. Just as long as I am touching her. Notice I am saying "I" because she is starting to get mommyitis big time! She likes David to carry her around, but will freak out if I leave her alone with him. It makes me sad, but it is normal, this phase won't last long. I figure in 15 years it will be the opposite anyhow....ha ha. After the breakfast buffet (fried intestines anyone?) we went with another couple, Tiffany and Mike and baby Quinn to the pool. Amelie loved it. Thank goodness because that girl will be living at the pool when we get home. Quinn and Amelie would reach out to each other, it was adorable. She then took a 4 hour nap (I slept too for a good part of that) while David ventured out onto the streets to go to a local pagonda. I want to write down the name, but it's dark in the room since everyone but me is sleeping and I can't find the info on it at the moment. Attaching some pics of his visit. For dinner our guides took the group of 27 of us "crazy Americans" to a local restaurant around the corner. They warned us that their food was very spicy but it wasn't bad at all. Two people in the group had birthdays this week so the guides surprised them with a giant cake. They had this really cool lotus flower candle/sparkler thing on it. They said they got it at the bakery across the street, so stupidly, David and I and another couple decided to play human frogger and cross the street to buy one for A's first birthday cake. Did I mention these people are insance drivers? Cars, bikes, scooters, buses, taxis and pedestrians all share the street and the traffic crossing lights might as well not be there? You know how it is after a hurricane when the traffic lights are out and no one knows how to meneuver through them? Well add people walking through it, every kind of transportation on top of it, and everyone on their horn. Right before we crossed a woman on a bike hit a man in his van. They both started screaming at each other. Probably not the best idea for us to cross the streets of Nanchang but we had to have the candle. We are alive and well, barely after that! Til tomorrow!

No comments: