The setting: A beautiful March day(the 16th), 2006
Where: Kristen and David's home/office
Ring, ring
Me: Apex Lending can I help you?
The voice on the other line(TVOTOL): Hi, Kristen?
Me: This is she?
TVOTOL: This is Phyllis at USCIS. Congrats honey, you and your husband are approved. Your 171H is in the mail.
Me: OHMYGOSHThankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouyouarethebestyoudon'tknowhowmuchIappreciate youcallingmecanIcomehugyou... (I was talking like Molly Shannon's character in Superstar and SNL, Mary Katherine Gallagher...sometimes when I get really nervous, I put my hands under my arms and go like this...sniffffff)
TVOTOL: (interupting)...um well, anyhow, congratulations, you should receive it shortly .
So, there it is. Then I called my good friend Amy M who invited me over for a congratulatory lunch and big fat glass of "yippee for you" Reisling
Hopefully I will get this in a few days, then it's off to be notarized, certified and authenticated-that will take two weeks. After that it will be "critically reviewed" along with our other huge stack of dossier paperwork already sitting at the agency. That will take another 10-15 days. Then we are DTC(dossier to China-or officially paper pregnant)! Yipppppppeeeeeeeeeeeee part 1!
3/16/2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Congratulations! I know how hard it is to deal with the INS.... One step closer :)
Hoooray! I'm so happy for you!!
-Ronnie
Hoooray! I'm so happy for you!!
-Ronnie
Finally!!!! That is fantastic. I am so happy for you!
Post a Comment