Ok, not really. But I wanted to share a recipe that I have made several times in the past few weeks for different events and it has received rave reviews. A few people have asked me for it, so here it is:
Greek Lasagna
prep: 20 min bake: 55 min stand: 15 min
1 med onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 can (14 1/2 ounce) vegetable broth
1 Tbs fresh or 1 tsp dried rosemary
1 can(14 ounce) artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1 pkg(10 ounce) frozed copped spinach, thawed and drained
1 cup black olives-chopped
1 jar (16 oz) Alfredo sauce
9 uncooked lasagna noodles
3 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
1pkg(4 oz) crumbled herb and garlic feta cheese
1. Heat oven to 350. Spray 13x9 baking dish with cooking spray
2. Spray 12-inch non-stick skillet with cooking spray or olive oil, heat over med-high heat. Vook onion and garlic about 3 minutes until onion is crisp-tender. Stir in broth and rosemary. Heat to boiling. Stir in artichokes, spinach and olives, reduce hear. Cover and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in Alfredo sauce.
3. Spread one fourth of the artichoke misture in bottom of baking dish, top with three noodles. Sprinkle with 3/4 cups of the mozz cheese. Repeat layers 2 more times, spread with remaining artichoke mixture. Sprinkle with remaining mozz cheese and top with feta and a pinch of rosemary.
I have added chopped chicken to this as well, but you will need another 1/2 jar of alfredo sauce.
Bon Appetite!
6/13/2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What if we don't like artichokes, spinach & olives?
Then you need a straightjacket! Ha, ha!
Thank you so much,Kristen. Yes, that recipe is great and I think I'll pass it on to some friends (Greek ones, too) if that's OK with you.
Hugs,
Denise, from Bible study
Post a Comment