If you have wandered over to the Rumor Queen website(and why would you unless you are adopting), for the first time in a very long time, there is an aire of optimism regarding the wait. Many people are hearing through the grapevine that the wait is going to stabalize from 14-18 months. That would mean at 18 months, we would have a referral next October and travel in December. THAT would be fan-friggin-tastic. Eighteen months sounds like heaven compared to the 2-3 year wait. Not getting my hopes up yet, but at the least the woah-is-me syndrome has subsided a bit.
Then there's this, a letter I received from House of Representatives member Clay Shaw:
Thank you for contacting me with your support for the Helping Families Adopt Orphans Act (H.R.5888). You will be pleased to know that I am a consponsor of this bill.
H.R. 5888 was introduced by Rep Heather Wilson of NM on 07/25/06. As you know, the bill would direct the Secretary of the U.S. Dept of Homeland Security to ensure that an individual may file an orphan petition for at least two years after approval of an advanced processing application.
H.R. 5888 was referred to the full House Judiciary Committee. Please know that I support H.R. 5888 should it come before the full U.S. House of Representatives for consideration.
Thank you again for contacting me.
Sincerely, E. Clay Shaw, Jr Member of Congress
9/15/2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds encouraging! I'm still not getting my hopes up.
Post a Comment