Wow, well I hate to compare adopting dogs to adopting a baby, but I really think this week has taught me some valuable lessons in mommyhood. I have learned to be patient-Annie is a little devil dog. She is constantly biting her sister's ears and legs and barks ALL OF THE TIME! Having her has taught me that there are alot of areas of my house that need baby proofing. I have also learned to put my dependents before myself. Poor Fergie is so sick, and I get up 4 times a night to clean up throw up from her crate. I love my sleep more than most people. As a matter of fact, my favorite place in the world is my bed. But, I can no longer sleep till 8:59 to be in the office by 9. See, good prepration for the Empress. They are training me well!
This week was David's b-day. We celebrated at Moquila's and at our friends Danny and Heathers on Saturday. We brought the girls up with us (before they got sick) and celebrated with great food, wine and three cakes!
Last night we had a wonderful waiting family meeting, there were three new couples there, so we are no longer last in line. Ed and Wendy brought Sammi's "gotcha day" video-lots of kleenex was used to dry all of our eyes!
Just a quick huge thank you to Kellee, who played Santa and dropped off a big bag of adorable baby clothes for me this morning! It's like a shopping spress without the credit card guilt!!! I have no shame in asking for hand-me-downs. If you are reading this, I will take anything 6 months and up! : )
2/13/2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment