and mean. Here is an exerpt from a conversation I had Friday night. I am still a little upset about it, even though D is telling me to get over it. I handled it quite well and just took the higher road and walked away, but still!
Setting: St Patties Gathering Friday evening
Friend of a Friend (FOAF): Oh my gosh, hi how are you?
Me: Great, how are you?
FOAF: Good, how is the adoption going?
Me: Ok, thanks for asking. It's taking a really long time, we probably have one more year.
FOAF: Why don't you adopt through the US? There are so many babies here.
Me: Actually, the children in China need homes just as bad, and their chances for a good productive adulthood are much slimmer than for orphans in the US because of the programs the US has. Also, the chances of the child from China being drug of alcohol addicted are much lower.
FOAF: Yeah, I don't get the whole China adoption craze, I mean, they aren't even cute.
Me: Um. (Backed away stunned and walked away).
3/19/2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
WTF? Must be one of the 29% who still love Bush and are anti furner.
Ok, hate to be dumb, but what is anti furner?
I'm not the original "anonymous," but I think "furner" is "foreigner." Maybe that person doesn't like David either. I mean, he's not even cute. ;)
he's cute, especially after a few....
What an idiot! Glad that she is no friend of yours! This kind of thing really ticks me off.
WOW!That's terible.I can't believe such people still exist and aren't even shy to make such comments.
Post a Comment