10/25/2007

Over the hump?


Here we are. Officially over the year and a half mark. I keep telling myself the WORSE case scenario brings our referral in April of 2009.

Did I celebrate this mark yesterday? Not too much. I spent the evening with my pooches curled up on the couch with me reading my new favorite book. If you are in the process of adopting, or just want to know what we are going through please read China Ghosts, My Daughter's Journey to America, My Passage to Fatherhood. You can read more about it at www.chinaghosts.com As the title states, it's about a father's journey to his baby girl adopted from China. I wiped away many tears reading this book. It could very well have been about D and I. The father was happy with just he and his wife, even after the infertility treatments, he figured being childless was meant to be. His wife he said however was "hurt down to her soul without a child of her own". She brought up the idea of China, and though the wait was horrendous (they adopted during the SARS epidemic and waited two years) they never looked back. It's a great read, only took me a day (night) and a half to finish it. There is alot of good information in there about the one child policy and explains that most of these abandoned girls are actually second daughters, most of them have an older sister out there still living with the biological family. The writer explains that he believes his daughter will always have these "China Ghosts" surrounding her, who are her biological family wondering what ever became of her......

3 comments:

Ana said...

Hang in there, K. Gi and I are waiting for Amelie also. ;-)

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

I'm with ya sister... we'll get over these 'bad days'... gotta read this book you are talking about. Off on my cruise on the 29th and don't plan on thinking at all about anything adoption... I stopped thinking about the 'months' that I have been waiting... at first it was fun now... don't want to think about it.

Anonymous said...

I agree worst case April 2009.

I am still hoping for my best case: home for Christmas 2008. A girl can dream right?

Happy LIDversary.