As you may or may not know, I became unemployed two months ago. Don't cry for me just yet Argentina. Yes, getting no paycheck is a big stinkaroo, but that last place paid me so terribly that getting unemployment isn't that much of a difference. And I worked for an evil woman so good riddance! I have had time to reflect on what I want to be when I grow up (oh, I'm already grown up at 35....oops?). I am thinking rocket scientist and supermodel are out. And I tried to get Samantha Brown's job but she is under contract. And Hef doesn't need a new "girl's next door" who is over the age of 22 and besides he only digs blondes. So, back to the drawing board.
Seriously, I am taking this approach to the land of the unemployed as a blessing. They say they average person changes careers 7 times in their lives. Time for me to reinvent myself! My goal is to use my Corporate Training background and Social Work experience and combine them into a facilitator of sorts in the adoption world. I work veeeeerrrrryyyyyyy part time for my adoption agency as a home study provider. I heart my job but it is so little hours that I have no excuse to not expand. I really have to go back and complete my Master's to really expand my horizons, but with a kid on the way in the spring, well, I have to wait until the fall of 2010 for that. So, in the meantime I took on not one but TWO volunteer jobs. Am I nuts? My husband thinks I might be. But with one I will gain trainer experience and with the other I will learn about the world of domestic adoptions and foster care. But, I still need to find something to bring in a little extra til Amelie comes home.
Which leads me my title of this post.....upon accident I fell upon an ad for a Ballroom Specialist. Turns out I used to dance at the studio where the owner used to dance. I called him and he said he needed someone to teach the newbie students, but not a professional by any means. So, I had my "interview" last night. Not sure how it went. I had to go to a group salsa class which was intermediate level. There were a few of us that he was watching. I hadn't danced in over a year and was very rusty! I felt like I had two left feet during some parts, because they were steps that he considered "basic" that I had never learned. He asked me to come back Monday morning to another class so he can see how I do. Ugh, my luck he will throw me into East Coast Swing or Samba or something else that I know very little of. At least I looked if not danced the part...all black with my hair pulled back. I figure that even if I don't get it, at least I got a few free classes out of it! Ginger Rogers? More like Mr. Rogers....but time will tell! Damn, now I have "It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood" in my head.....would you be mine, would you be mine....
6/19/2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good Luck!! Sounds like it would be a fun job!
Post a Comment