7/12/2010

Ten more sleeps

Wow, I just got goosebumps writing the title of this post. In just ten days we will be headed to Hong Kong and then off to Jiangxi to meet our little girl. Am I ready? Emotionally...heck yes. Physically? Um, no. Her room still looks like an episode of Hoarders. Amazing how my to-do list never seems to get shorter since I have to keep adding on. Just today I had to add on "get more passport pictures" and "buy travelers insurance" and "get pet's shots updated" and "exchange formula". I am working this entire week, but am taking off next Mon-Weds before we head out. I am taking down the suitcases from the attic tonight and will start throwing stuff in there and going over the packing list. This sure is a pile of work (as you can tell, I haven't been on the blog in awhile) but it will be more than worth it!

4 comments:

Ana said...

Don't sweat it, K. Not sure if traveler's insurance is needed. Your guide will help you with the exchange of money. Hong Kong is very westernized and English friendly. It is HOT this time of the year in HK and mainland so be prepared to tie your hair up, wear little to no make-up, put on loose cotton clothing and comfy walking shoes. Leave the heels and glamour at home, girl. You will be TIRED but in a good "I-can't-believe-I'm-a-mom" kinda way. Don't sweat over the food issue just eat what is appealing so you can sustain your energy cause taking care of a baby and possibly a shell-shocked hubby ain't no walk in the park. Sorry for the long comment. Hugs...Ana ;)

Veronica Leaptrott said...

Hi, thanks for posting on my blog. congrats on your referral. I still love following the journey of those going to china. Hit on packing roll everything up. It allows you to get a lot more stuff in the bag. Check out this link on how to pack for 10 days in a carry on. I tried it when Katie and I went on vacation with my parents and we did great. Enjoy your travels and even more enjoy your daughter.

Veronica Leaptrott said...

forgot to leave the link.
http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/2010/05/06/business/businessspecial/20100506-pack-ss.html

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

With the formula (this is talking my agency), they will buy you some before you get the baby - the same the orphanage use... then you could go to the supermarket and get more of it...