6/21/2006

Darwin Award

I should not be allowed to use candles.

You know that little sticker on the bottom of all(or at least on Yankee candles) that says something to the affect of "do not let candle burn all the way down or else the glass will burst, burn a big gaping black burn hole on your expensive bedstand and leave shards of glass stuck in your carpet"?

I did not heed it's warning, nor the one that states "do not leave candle burning while unattended".

Lesson learned.

You think I would have learned not to play with candles after D and I nearly burned our apartment complex down back in college. We lit a candle on the back of the toile', right underneath a hanging hand towel. We thought it was all steamy in there from the hot water, like a scene from a soap opera(excuse the pun-SOAP opera-never mind). Yup, we were morons. Still are, apparently.

2 comments:

Ana said...

K, had similar experience except mine was with empty pot burning on stove. ;-0

Megan said...

Hi Kristin- this is Megan and I wanted to thank you for leaving your comment on my blog. I am posting one here because I don't talk about the infertility stuff on my blog, since I am a teacher and my students have seen my blog and I don't want them to know about that part of my life. We went through tests, multiple doctors, IUIs, IVF, fertility yoga, acupuncture... you name it! We are excited to do something that we know will end in a child.... it just takes patience. But since we had been trying for 3.5 years so far, we sure have learned how to have that!

I just wanted to say again, thanks for sharing- it is good to know there is someone out there who really understands this particular journey.