9/25/2006

CCAA Roller Coaster

Good news this morning, the CCAA referred/matched 18 days worth of LID's this month. Over the last 6 months, the days referred ranged from 5-9 days. So, maybe it won't take 2-3 years. If they keep this up, it will take 19-20 months. Yesterday was month #5 in the waiting game for us. If I was pregnant pregnant and not paper pregnant, I'd have a big belly and be more than halfway through. So, we still have a long way to go, but at least temporarily there is a little brighter outlook.

The CCAA just finished reviewing December 2005 LID files and word has it they are already looking at some March 2006's. Ours is April 2006 and I can breathe out, just a little, when we are past that stage. (In case you are confused, your file goes through two stages over there, the review room and then the matching room). David was never able to obtain the elusive "certification and authentication" stamps from his home country. I have a bad feeling the CCAA is going to demand this, and it will be back to South America for David so he can get that done. Keep your toes and fingers and everything else crossable, well, crossed!

No comments: